Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Rose Marshack is a professor of Arts Technology and Music Business at Illinois State University (my alma mater), as well as the bass player for the indie rock band Poster Children. I met Rose when I spoke to her Music Business students for the first time in 2013, and immediately loved her enthusiasm for giving her students the skills they need to survive post-graduation.
During the course of our conversation, we talked about:
- Giving back
- Maintaining connections with your alma mater
- “Band Karma”
- The different approaches to teaching music business
- Different ways to make a living as a musician
- Teaching as a form of learning
- Surrounding yourself with talent
André Gide: The Counterfeiters
The Smarter Artist: What Do You Mean by DVD Extras?
Self-Publishing Podcast: Forging Unbreakable Bonds with Readers Who Love You